Green by Nature
Cascades Sonoco places a top priority on recycling and reclamation to benefit the customers we serve, the communities in which we live and work, and the planet.
Many of our coatings and lamination solutions are an eco-friendly alternative to wax coatings, which means they’re recyclable, repulpable, and biodegradable. And many of our resin-based coatings and laminations are recyclable and can be fed back into the old corrugated container (OCC) waste system.
Our parent companies were both early pioneers in waste recycling and environmental sustainability long before such practices became fashionable or profitable.
- Ranked the 18th Most Sustainable Corporation in the World, according to the prestigious Global 100 index produced by Corporate Knights
- The Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) approved its greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reduction targets presented in its ambitious Sustainability Action Plan
- Incorporates over 70% of recycled fibers into its products
- The leading collector, processor, and marketer of recyclable materials in Canada
- Named a Top 25 Most Sustainable Company by the Southeastern Corporate Sustainability Rankings
- Included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index from 2009-2016
- Committed to reduce its Scope 1 and 2 emissions at least 25% and Scope 3 emissions by more than 13% by 2030
- As part of Operation Clean Sweep, committed to prevent environmental discharge of plastic pellets at all facilities by 2025